Thursday, August 23, 2012

Life As I Know It: CHANGE CHALLENGE

Naming my blog, "The Epic Journey of Me" actually made me smirk just now.  I'm not sure how "epic" it is, but it's my story.  I share with you all as a woman who has had joys and despair; hoping that some how my story can produce a laugh or smile or some type of contentment that you're not alone in life. We all have ups and downs.  So, the journey continues as I share with you all a glimpse into life as I know it.  

Life as I know it.  Well, life is good.  Although, I believe we all go through life wanting more, I thank God daily for my blessings.  I have a home, healthy children, and a happy marriage.  We have never been hungry. We've never lived on the streets.  

Now, on to some real stuff.  It's true.  There's an ongoing battle in my mind and body.  Do you know what I mean? Kind of like high school, but a grown up version.  Am I good enough?  I'm fat. Why can't I look like her? Crow's feet. Graying hair. Sore joints. It's all there.  Friends, I know.  Yes, I'm good enough.  I just have less confidence than some women my age.  I'm overweight.  (Fat seems so harsh). I am overweight because I choose to eat things that are bad for me. Crow's feet.  No comment.  Graying hair.  It plagues me. It's a constant battle. Sore joints? Oh boy, that hit me at 40 like freight train.  Everything else?  There's too many to name here. I don't have all night. 

So, there's my "life as I know it".  It's my reality.  Part of it is bliss.  The others I named are a shameful reality. This is what stinks.  In my mind?  I am 29 going on 30.  I want to be healthy. I want to dress in style and have a flair for fashion.  I have a love for beauty; makeup, shoes, jewelry and on and on.  I'm just STUCK!  I'm stuck in my body and my guilty pleasures that unfortunately, have caught up to me at 42.  

However, I am publicly going to announce a "Change Challenge".  I want to change.  I want to be healthy.  I want to FEEL beautiful!  So, guess what I'm going to do?  I'm going to announce my change in process.  Today is the day.  I will start with small changes so that I don't freak out.  More water, no Pepsi & a daily walk. I'll also cut out the guiltiest pleasure of all; CARBS. And yes, I'm going to do something that I SWORE I would never do!  I'm going to post my progress in PHOTOS.  It's NOT pretty. So, viewer discretion is advised. It doesn't get any more real than this.  It might not be a perfect journey as I know I will make mistakes, but I will arrive at a healthier me! Wish me luck! NO, pray for me. I know that works! 

CHANGE CHALLENGE: WEEK 1:







3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're beautiful, inside and out. However, being happy with yourself matters. Prayers and hugs from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you all the best, Leigh Ann. First let me say I've always thought you were beautiful (still do), and so do many others, obviously. However, I completely understand all the physical changes you are hoping to bring about, and how that will help you to like you more. Extremely Important.
    My wife has been going through alot of the very same stuff over the last few years. If I may........You need a buddy or two locally that you can walk and workout with. Motivation is key, and that other person nudging you on can make a huge difference in your overall success. Swimming is by far the best thing you can do for a full body workout, and without all the stress on your joints. (I was supposed to have both knees replaced a few years ago, and Sookie has compacted vertebrae, so I fully understand the joint issues.) You hit on another important aspect in your description of your goals, and that is taking it a little at a time. It's kind of like quitting smoking. Some people can go cold turkey, others have to take baby steps. Whatever works for you. Again, a partner helps. Whatever happens, do it for YOU, because YOU want to be more fit and healthier, not because anyone else thinks you should. Much platonic Love, Doug.

    ReplyDelete